Can change be shocking to your radio? Yes! We had a 2011 Subaru Forester with a complaint that the radio did not work. First thing to check was the fuse that controls the power to the radio which was blown. We installed a new fuse and everything came back to life. But why did the fuse blow in the first place? After a short test drive the radio was not functioning again. The technician confirmed the fuse was blown again and the circuit remained a dead short. When looking over the wiring diagram we could separate the circuit in two halves. When we did this the radio side of the circuit still had the short. Tracing the wiring back to the radio we found no obvious wiring exposed. We removed the radio and the problem disappeared. Shaking the radio revealed the problem. The children had been inserting coins and a paper clip into the CD drive causing a short across the circuit board in the bottom of the radio. Once the coins & paper clip were removed everything is working properly. Give us a call if we can help you with your American or Asian vehicle.